Tips for creating a screen copy
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
- If a message screen is covering important information, drag the message box to the side to maximize information and context sent.
- If you are capturing a web page with a problem, it is often helpful to also send View Source:
- Right-click and select View Source.
- In the Notepad screen that opens, click File and Save to save as a file.
- Attach that file to your e-mail.
- If you don’t already have a specialized tool like Snagit, here’s how to capture an image of your screen:
- In Windows 10 and 8:
- Pressing WidowsLogo-[Printscrn] will save the screen capture in the Screenshots folder in your Pictures folder. The file size is reasonable.
- The Snipping Tool allows just a region to be captured. It is found by: click on the search tool/Cortana and type Snip. The Snipping Tool will be offered.
- For more detail see Syracuse University’s Using Snipping Tool and keyboard shortcuts.
- In Vista and Windows 7:
- Invoke WidowsLogo>All Programs>Accessories>Snipping Tool (Snipping is preferred over [PrintScrn] as its images use much less memory)
- Select the applicable region
- Click [Copy] icon
- In MAC OS:
- Press Command-Control-Shift-4. Click and drag the cross-hair cursor to select the desired area to copy. Release the mouse button to automatically save the area in your clipboard.
- Alternatively use Grab, located in the Applications > Utilities folder.
- In IPad/IPhone:
- Press the Sleep/Wake button (top edge) and the Home button (below the screen) at the same time. The screen will flash with a camera’s shutter sound) and the screenshot will be saved to your photos.
- In Windows 10 and 8:
- Open an e-mail to the applicable applicable support person at Dymaxion
- If your e-mail package supports pasting images into the body of the message, right click>Paste
- Otherwise, paste the image(s) into a Word Document and Insert/Attach that document to the message
Problem Steps Recorder:
The Windows Problem Steps Recorder is a great tool to automatically record the steps needed to reproduce a problem:
- Invoke by typing into WindowsLogo>Search the abbreviation: psr
- Click the matched Steps Recorder
- Click [Start Record]
- Reproduce the problem
- Optionally click [Add Comment] and highlight the applicable area and add comments
- Click [Stop Record]
- Save the automatically created Zip file (e.g. to your Documents folder)
- To review captured images: double clicking on the file
- To e-mail it to Support: right-click on the file and select E-mail as an attachment