Tips for creating a problem report
Help your support group help you by including:
- Screen captures to provide context (see approaches at https://www.dymaxion.ca/tips/screencopy ).
- Hint: Drag the top message box to maximize what shows.
- Specific description of the problem or request, for example:
- Which printer isn’t working
- What operation in what software module doesn’t work
- The exact Error Codes/Messages shown. When possible, also copy error messages as text and paste into your report as it speeds up searching knowledge bases.
- System being used (your system, Terminal server, home system, another user’s PC, etc.)
- If a web problem, what browser are you using?
- When the problem started
- Did anything change just before the problem started (e.g. new release of ??)?
- The scope of problem:
- Frequency (e.g. every time, 1 out of 3 times, etc.)
- Share anything you know about other users and this problem:
- Anyone else you know having this problem.
- Anyone else you know not having this problem.
- or simply say: Don’t know if anyone else is having this problem.
- The urgency of the problem.
Providing the above detail will help solve your problem faster.
Please e-mail any comments and/or suggestions to email@example.com