Managed Services - Security Monitoring & Support
>>REVIEW & MAKE ALL MORE GENERIC
Dymaxion’s IT Security Practice focuses on four main areas:
- IT Security Hardware and Software
- IT Security Monitoring and Alerting
- End User Security Policies and Training
- IT Audits / Testing
Managed Antivirus, Web Protection
Monitoring and managing your end user devices and server’s antivirus software is an essential line of defence against cyber attacks on your organization. Dymaxion deploys, monitors and updates your devices with industry leading antivirus solutions. Antivirus subscriptions must be kept current. Key features include:
- Application Control to block unwanted application being used by your end users
- Web Control to block websites being accessed by your end users
- Peripheral Control to allow/disallow removable media access
- Deep Learning neural network to detect known and unknown threats
- Ransomware and boot records attacks
- Block exploits and techniques used to distribute malware, steal credentials and escape detection. Wards off evasive hackers and zero-day attacks on your users.
- Root Cause Analysis on how the attack got in, where it went, what did it touch, and what to do about it.
- Malware cleanup provides forensic level remediation by eradicating malicious code and eliminating nasty registry key changes.
- Synchronized security to ensure all of your devices are kept in sync for device profiles and setting.
Anti-Spam / email Gateway (FortiMail)
Protecting your end users from attacks is another line of defence against electronic threats. Dymaxion deploys, manages, monitors and updates your on premises, cloud or ISP email solution. Key features include:
- Powerful antispam, antimalware, sandboxing, anomaly detection and other technologies stop unwanted bulk email, ransomware, business email compromise and targeted attacks.
- Robust data loss prevention, identity based email encryption and archiving help prevent the inadvertent loss of sensitive information and maintain compliance with corporate and industry regulations.
Installing a best of breed unified threat management/next generation firewall is the first step in protecting your organization from cyber threats. Dymaxion configures, updates, patches, monitors and alerts on security vulnerabilities and threats. When an attack is underway, Dymaxion notifies you and takes steps to remedy the situation. UTM support/subscriptions must be kept current. A Unified Threat Management (UTM) device is a term used to describe a category of security appliances which integrates a range of security features into a single appliance. Firewall / VPN / IDS/IPS / Antivirus / Antispam / Web Filtering / Messaging.
A Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) device is an integrated network platform that combines a traditional firewall with other network device filtering functionalities such as packet inspection, antivirus, and intrusion prevention. Next Generation Firewalls and Unified Threat Management devices provide your business with a more stable computing environment. Regular scheduled weekly maintenance time periods need to be identified for software/hardware patching and updating activities. If required, the customer may need to be available during these windows to accompany Dymaxion to go on site for updates that cannot be applied remotely. E.g. A maintenance window for the Firewall is Thursday from 7pm until 10pm and the Network will be unavailable during this period of time.
IT Security Monitoring and Alerting
Security Solutions Monitoring and Alerting
Your servers, desktops and mobile devices contain your intellectual property and business know how. Dymaxion monitors your server, software, hardware and desktops for breaches lets you know that a security incident occurred. Our mobile device monitoring and security tools allow us to lock a lost device, securely wipe it, or render it useless.
End User Security Policies and Training End User Security Training
Security starts and ends with your end users. Dymaxion understands the important role your end users play in ensuring that your staff know how to identify threats to your organization. TerraNova a leader in organization end user training has developed security awareness training solutions that will exceed your training needs. TerraNova believes in making your staff your strongest line of defence and to create a security culture that adapts to evolving threats. TerraNova (https://terranovacorporation.com) offers the following:
- E-Learning – specific training for every need
- Learning Management System – launch, track, and assess the comprehensive e-learning programs in real time
- Phishing Simulations – Bolster and measure your staff's employees’ detection skills in a fast, efficient way
- Communications Materials – put learning into practice – foster your strongest firewall - your staff; through active and relevant communication.
Operational Security Testing
Cybersecurity is the protection of information systems from theft or damage to the hardware, the software and to the information on them, as well as from disruption or misdirection of the services they provide. Dymaxion understands the importance of cybersecurity.
Dymaxion partners with Digital Boundary Group (https://digitalboundary.net) to test the solutions that we deploy at our customer sites, to ensure that your security meets your operational requirements. This separation of auditor and service provider provides you with peace of mind.
About Digital Boundary Group:
Digital Boundary Group (DBG) is an information technology security assurance services firm serving clients throughout North America. DBG’s operational security testing focus provides organizations with a comprehensive assessment of exploitable vulnerabilities that exist in the organization. Executive Summary and Detailed Technical Reports, including prioritized recommendations, are provided along with report(s) review and discussion conference calls.
Digital Boundary has a customized Dymaxion service delivery process that ensures that you are in control of the audit. The Dymaxion facilitated service is delivered in the following manner:
- Digital Boundary performs an initial assessment and reports directly to you in a formalized initial report.
- You, provide the report to Dymaxion and we review it together with DBG, citing deficiencies and areas of improvement. There are always areas for improvement.
- Based on your direction, Dymaxion takes the necessary steps to improve your security posture.
- Digital Boundary performs a final assessment and reports directly to you in a formalized final report.
- You provide the final report to Dymaxion and we review it together with DBG, citing improvements, remaining deficiencies and areas of improvement. There are always areas for improvement.